It takes two hands to clap, so it takes two persons to raise a baby.
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The reading mother

Oh.... how I love to read books....

When I was still an undergraduate student, I used to stay in the library, simply to read books, textbooks, or just to fell asleep... but one thing I know, I love to be surrounded by books.

Going back home to Indonesia, I really miss my library in Japan,.. I really miss spending time searching books and get ideas from it. So now, all I can do is just go to the book store around the apartment and read some books there, it's kinda fun, you know.

Since I gave birth to my baby girl, I didn't really have time to read for myself and started to read for her. Most of my friend who knew about this will give a short comment, "She doesn't even understand anyway, why should you spend your time reading books for her?"

At first, I think, well, yeah,.... probably that's true. She doesn't understand. But the most important thing is not about whether she understand or not, it is about building a reading habit for my baby. Time passing by, and now, before going to sleep, she always said, "Mom,.... book, book,.." When she woke up, usually I found her reading a book (reading,... or probably just looking... I don't know).

So, can we say that reading for baby is useless??? Certainly no.... IT IS AN INVESTMENT FOR YOUR BABY'S FUTURE.

Now I also know that what I've done for my little baby create something that is called "the Reading Mother"

You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be --
I had a Mother who read for me... Strickland Gillilan



No comments:

Post a Comment