It takes two hands to clap, so it takes two persons to raise a baby.
Your Ad Here

Friday, May 22, 2009

Medutainment – Meals, Education and Entertainment


Recently, I got many questions about how to feed baby….. Actually, that is easy, but really difficult at the first time. So, I'm going to share my experience here.


My little Claire refused to eat when she was 6 months old. For your information, this is very normal because from sucking to eating, baby needs to learn. It is not something that can happen in a minute. You cannot compare it to an adult who can eat and swallow very easily.


At first, I don't really understand this and I made a special food from fish, carrot and spinach. Well, I really wanted to give the best for my little baby so that I didn't really care HOW TO give it in the correct way.


After several days dealing with this problem, I asked my mom and she gave a great answer, "Just open her mouth and use the spoon to feed her." I obeyed her and guess what happened? My baby cried and the worst part was she cried every time she saw a spoon. OH, MY GOD…. What have I done???


I cried as well when my baby cried. I've done the biggest mistake in my life… I even thought that I was a bad mom. But thank God, I stop crying for myself and try to find a solution and I got it!


MEDUTAINMENT – Meals, Education and Entertainment


It is a method to give meals with education and entertainment so that while your baby is eating, she can learn something from it and there is an entertainment as well to increase baby's appetite. The education part is really good so that baby can learn about many things including colors, shapes, imagination, etc. So, eating will be a joyful moment for baby and for you as well! That's the idea.


I'll give you an example. I have a picture of my meal for my baby's lunch. Actually this picture was taken when she was 2 years old, because I don't have any picture when she was younger. I made little soldier with the food. I used carrot as the hand and feet, use the shrimp as the button and tofu as the head. While creating this wonderful meal, I give time for my baby to prepare herself to eat; I told her that it is time to eat, so she will know the schedule. After that, I will explain to her what did I make for her meal, a soldier. I said that this is the head, this is the hand, this is the foot, and this is the body. I can give explanation about color, the carrot and the shrimp is orange and the tofu is white. She looked very happy to see the little soldier in front of her. Believe me, she ate it all!


Other time, I can make cat's face for the meal, or using a shaping I can make stars, bears, dolphin, etc for the rice. I can ask her which one she wanted for her meal, after she chose; I can make the meal according to what she order. And… guess what,.. She'll love it and eat it.

I wrote it down really detail in my book, so if you want to know in detail, please refer to my book.... Ok.. I hope it can help...





No comments:

Post a Comment